Energy Efficiency Tips
One of the best ways to avoid emissions (and reduce business
cost) is to use less electricity. Some simple steps in day-to-day
operations to reduce power demand could include:
- Turn the temperature on the air conditioner a few degrees
higher (e.g. 250C instead of 220c), and the
heater a few degrees lower in winter.
- Can you put on a jumper before you turn the heater on?
- Can you turn appliances off at the power point rather than
using the standby option?
- Can you install insulation in the ceiling?
- Can you use a laptop instead of a desktop?
- Can you install energy efficient light sources?
- Do all of the lighting sources need to be on if there is
sufficient natural light available?
- Could you install clear roofing to allow natural lighting
- Can you install solar hot water service?
- Is natural gas heating an option?
- Can you look to other energy efficiency projects on electricity
powered equipment from an engineering perspective?
Please contact us for your first free consultation
Adelaide Office (Head Office):
Suite 403, Level 4, 33 Pirie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Brisbane Office: 2nd Floor, Port Office
Suites, 40 Edward Street, Brisbane QLD 4000
Postal Address: PO Box 3436, Rundle Mall,
Adelaide SA 5000